[documentation] Call for help: 160 links to be added to project pages and module help pages

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Jan 17 06:44:07 UTC 2006

On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:31 PM, Jason Flatt wrote:
> Interesting.  All of the modules I looked at, which was only the
> first three
> or four of both Drupal and contrib, either have no links in the
> "You can"
> list, or link beck to drupal.org itself.

Right.  The links are meant to go in your administration help section
of your module help.   The links are live because we needed them to
be able to auto generate code patches from the handbook module
pages.   This has been corrected for the Drupal core modules but not
the contributed modules.   There are some changes with the the export
formats of these pages which means that the scripts which generate
the administration help pages inside modules will need to be rewritten.

> The BitTorrent [0] and BuddyList
> [1] modules are good examples.  Of course, I get Access Denied
> messages when
> I click on those links.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Are these pages
> supposed to be installed locally?

Right, they are supposed to be your local admin help pages.

In short we now have massive amounts of useful and usable
documentation to help people use modules and one technical annoyance
on Drupal.org that requires some dedicated programming to fix.

Cheers,
Kieran