[documentation] Related modules on project page description for now

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Tue Jan 17 20:23:48 UTC 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Charlie Lowe wrote:

> Kieran Lal wrote:
>> In that case Flexinode should probably have Flexisearch.  How
>> about  we discuss these changes on the docs list first before we
>> start  editing?  I am eager to improve things but want to evolve
>> the overall  guidelines and not remove and expected functionality.
>
> Good point. However, doesn't Flexinode work without Flexisearch? It
> does in 4.6 or has this changed? If so, Flexinode would not need to
> list Flexisearch, although Flexisearch would need Flexinode.

We should continue to discuss this on list.

Let's take the case of Event.  Event is really an API module that was
designed to provide core functionality.  From a users standpoint
events as stand alone content are useless.   There is an expectation
that finding events, searching for events, attending events, locating
events, and signing up for events are necessary.  In this case I
would argue that having a "You can" item is necessary for the
administration help.

So I am reluctant to see these references to other modules removed as
it's core to understanding the value of the event module.   I realize
we may have now crossed into a grey area that can't be outlined in
the documentation guidelines.

I see the gradients as: Expected to work with, can be used with,
similar in intent.

But let me just say that I really appreciate Boris, Roland, Thom, and
others who are working on this.  I am willing to forgo this point in
favor of making it easier for people to make collaborative
contributions.

Kieran