[documentation] [bug] js addLoadEvent not working.

Dries drupal-docs at drupal.org
Fri Jan 20 08:54:58 UTC 2006

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/27884
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/27884

-Project:      Drupal
+Project:      Documentation
 Version:      <none>
-Component:    other
+Component:    Developer Guide
 Category:     bug reports

Committed this to HEAD.  Moving this to the documentation project as the
documentation patch still needs committing.  I'd also add a note to the
upgrade guide.

Dries

Previous comments:

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 05:01:37 +0000 : gordon

if there is a on_load attribute on the body tag then the events added by
the addLoadEvent() will not be run.

try adding aler_t('on_load') to the body and it will cause the failure.
darn malicious data catcher, making this post so hard to enter.

Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:00:35 +0000 : killes at www.drop.org

Gordon, is that still an issue?

Fri, 30 Dec 2005 00:56:44 +0000 : gordon

Yes as far as I know, it is still an issue. This is more to do with the
browsers not running the window.onload when there is a on_load in the
page.

One option is that we obsolete the on_load and force all modules to use
the new js function.

Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:05:20 +0000 : gordon

Removed theme('onload_attributes') as this causes the new js stuff to
die.

If you need to run some js on_load then use the new js addLoadEvent()
to start a function.

Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:18:04 +0000 : gordon

here is a patch to remove the on_load hook from the documentation

Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:26:46 +0000 : darius

Seems that removing hook_onload is the right thing to do at this stage.
There was a duplicate issue http://drupal.org/node/31755 which I just
closed that discussed the same problem.

Darius