[documentation] [bug] <code> filter in Handbooks introducing erroneous spaces

Morbus Iff drupal-docs at drupal.org
Thu Jan 26 22:18:50 UTC 2006

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/45536
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/45536

-Project:      PHPTemplate
+Project:      Documentation
 Version:      <none>
-Component:    Code
+Component:    Developer Guide
 Category:     bug reports

Alrighty:

* None of the shipped code in Drupal contains this space.
* The space is being caused, visually, in the book page on
block.tpl.php [1].
* Copying and pasting this example from the book page causes the
problem.

Updating issue to match underlying issue.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/11813

Morbus Iff

Previous comments:

Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:25:30 +0000 : DaveNotik

So I was working on some intense CSS stuff, and came across an issue
where I couldn't modify certain CSS elements, and finally I realized
it's because the block.tpl.php for PHPtemplate has spaces in the CLASS
and ID names.

The new default block.tpl.php should be as follows:

<?php print "block block-$block->module" ?>

 " id="
<?php print "block-$block->module-$block->delta"; ?>

 ">
  <h2>
<?php print $block->subject ?>

 </h2>
<?php print $block->content ?>

Hope this helps the next person!  :)

--Dave

http://dave.notik.com

Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:50:30 +0000 : DaveNotik

Update:  Drupal.org itself actually creates those spaces when
surrounding with PHP tags...   so they showed in my example above as
well.  Hmmm...

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 05:26:36 +0000 : Morbus Iff

I coulda swore I already commented on this.

In short, this is not a bug. A CSS class of "two words" does not mean
that it's looking for a class called "two words" - it's actually
looking for a CSS class "two", and then a CSS class "words", and then
merges the two definitions together. It's a CSS feature, not a Drupal
bug.

Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:13:07 +0000 : Morbus Iff

Further explanation from DaveNotik in IRC asserts that I had no idea
what he was talking about.