[documentation] Docs Team meetings/group was: Proposal for a "Contributing to Drupal" handbook section

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Mon Mar 17 22:17:20 UTC 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Jacob Roufa wrote:

> What would you all think of creating a "Doc Team Support" page
> somewheres stating that we're available on IRC at #drupal-docs and
> we will meet at posted times for flowing (as opposed to mailing
> list / broken) discussion?

I've added the channel info to http://drupal.org/contribute/documentation
. I'm not sure that a new page is warranted right now. I'd rather wait
to see the new structure for the docs section and see if we can
repurpose an existing page. We have a lot of pages for the docs team
and I think we already have way more than anyone will ever read so I'd
like to try to consolidate and streamline the info flow.

Perhaps we should consider a group on g.d.o? I have mixed feelings
about using g.d.o so I'd like to hear thoughts on this but with the
docs forum deprecated (I never even knew we had one and never looked
at it - I am not a "forums" person) this would give us a place to
discuss and do some organizing. g.d.o is getting panels so groups will
have more flexibility in setting up their group. We can link the
contribute to docs page to the g.d.o group and then have announcements
and upcoming events there. Anyway, I dunno. What do you all think?

> (Wed-Thurs evenings at 5-7pm Eastern time work all the time for
> everyone or at least majority of people?) I think it might be nice
> to have a set time every week or other week that we meet to discuss
> this. More organization (but not too much) I believe would help with
> getting all of these substantial changes underway.

A regular time isn't going to work for me (my schedule can vary a lot)
and I honestly wouldn't be able to meet on a weekly basis but if there
are enough people interested I think that is a good use of the
channel. In terms of realistically attending, for me personally, a
monthly meeting that is determined fresh each month would work a lot
better.

- Addi