[documentation] Redesign discussion from docs point of view

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Wed Sep 17 21:27:55 UTC 2008

Yeah, I've been thinking about the best way to sort of consolidate
"docs" redesign ideas. I definitely agree that trying to keep it on
the list is too limiting. Everyone should definitely check out the
threads that catch pointed to, but I'd also like to try to have a more
distilled brainstorm list like Hilde is shooting for I think.  Perhaps
we should create a doc-specific wiki page on the redesign group (which
is easy to cross-post to the docs list)? Or should we have a
discussion (like revive http://groups.drupal.org/node/10223) and then
distill that conversation into a list that can be posted?

We should also take part directly in the open redesign discussion that
is happening more than anything. Things like the discussion of a
separate site are already happening (http://www.disambiguity.com/drupalorg-one-site-or-many/
) and folks can (should) give direct feedback.

Also, I would really, really encourage folks to work up some
wireframes around the handbook (http://www.disambiguity.com/drupalorg-come-wireframe-with-me/
), especially ones that include new feature ideas. Things like
versioning the docs (how would that look in order to use it?) and how
to add more prominent info on what you can and cannot do a page ("how
to make this page better!" or whatnot.)

- Addi (add1sun)