[documentation] Which books/pages to restrict?

Wolf Zirbs wolf.zirbs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:14:07 UTC 2008

Ok, just to clear,
If we Plan later to define a special Handbook "Section" for a "Terminology"
reference for Drupal.org taking in consideration of the new
"Redesign Project" we should consider to restrict modifications
to the "Terminology" section only to "Site Maintainers".

I also see the possibility to link many of the "Terminology" terms to
descriptive images, tables, and "summary of content" best and simple
informations "Handbook" pages that leads visitors to the aimed resources.

Because of the importance of the "Terminology" Section and also that
requires to have access to statistical
informations to see where it needs to change, modify, improve linking to the
right references I think that
this "Terminology Section" should be accessible only to  "Site Maintainers"

I have no Idea how many page will come to consider to be part of this
"Terminology Section" yet and also when
this "project" will be discussed and reconsidered for valuable. I just
continue to work on it and if there is at the moment no need to restrict
access to this pages that's ok for me at the moment.

List of pages to take in consideration to build/rebuild/improve in a
"Terminology Section":
 http://drupal.org/node/937
  http://drupal.org/node/302232
  http://drupal.org/node/122018

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Addison Berry <drupal at rocktreesky.com>wrote:

> We will need to change the input format to Documentation on every page
> that we want to restrict.
>

> On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:42 PM, Joel Farris wrote:
>
> > On Sep 24, 2008, at 7:48 AM, Stella Power wrote:
> >
> >> I think anything in relation to coding standards, etc, should be
> >> locked.  I know the main coding standards page is in CVS and is
> >> therefore locked already, but most of the others aren't.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Stella
> >

> > In addition to the Getting Started guide(s), and the Coding
> > Standards guides, may I propose that the Programming Best Practices
> > guide be locked? http://drupal.org/node/287350 is the developer's
> > complement to http://drupal.org/best-practices, the latter of which
> > already lives inside the Getting Started guide and thus would
> > already be protected.
> >
> > On that note, are we locking individual nids, url paths, or input
> > filters? I've totally forgotten what the plan was.
> > --
> > Joel Farris
> > "While it is possible that you are the first person to notice an
> > obvious deficiency in system calls and libraries heavily used by
> > hundreds or thousands of people, it is rather more likely that you
> > are utterly clueless."
> > ~ Eric S. Raymond--
> > Pending work: http://drupal.org/project/issues/documentation/

Sincerely Best Regards
Wolf J. Zirbs

P.S.
You may contact me by Mobil - Handy
between 10am and 10pm Vienna Local Time (+43 676 9286735)