[documentation] Some thoughts

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Aug 7 21:06:31 UTC 2009

Hi Shari,

Welcome back to the Documentation list! This is a good place to
discuss the issues of friendliness you are bringing up.

Regarding IRC, many people leave themselves connected to IRC even
though they're not really following it; I don't really know why,
unless they are just trying to make a log (maybe there's a better
way). So I'm sorry you had that experience! Hopefully you will find
this email list to be more welcoming than IRC was.

We are also having some "sprints" in the next few weeks, which are
times you can guarantee that some other people will actually be on
IRC: See http://drupal.org/node/540308 The documentation people do
tend to be fairly friendly when we're actually on IRC.

Regarding your specific concern with the Installation guide, I totally
agree with what you said -- Drupal can definitely be installed without
access to the command line. The best forum for discussing specific
concerns about specific pieces of documentation is not this list,
however, but the Documentation Issue Queue. Specifically, the issue
about the installation guide for Drupal 7 is:
     http://drupal.org/node/538054
Please put your concerns in a comment there.

Regards,
     Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com