[documentation] Some thoughts

Lynette esmerel at logrus.com
Fri Aug 7 21:59:30 UTC 2009

Hi Shari!

> Regarding IRC, many people leave themselves connected to IRC even though
> they're not really following it; I don't really know why, unless they
> are just trying to make a log (maybe there's a better way).

Honestly, I've been using various chat-type clients for so long that
it's ingrained in me to just leave it connected - I don't turn off my
computer, why should I turn off my chat clients (especially when I hang
out in 5 or 6 channels and reconnecting all those? bleh)? I'm used to
people being able to reach me in whatever fashion and leave me messages
- I know a number of people who are the same way.

There's also a lot of people who don't actively participate for various
reasons (I showed up about 10 minutes after you left this morning after
getting home from my kid's class) and there's plenty of times that
people are on but just not paying attention. Don't take it personal :)
There's often 300 people in -support and sometimes you still can't get
an answer. ;)

I hope you find something you really can excel at in the docs.
Installation and new user documentation is some of the most important
stuff we have.

And Shai - you totally should put that tutorial up in the newbie guide. ;)