[documentation] Some thoughts

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Fri Aug 7 22:43:39 UTC 2009

> Your post implied like she is waiting to be served. I think her approach is
> the opposite. She wants to help. She wants to become a part of this open
> source community... but like anyone joining a new community, it can be hard
> learning the language etc.

I'm trying to help her develop a thicker skin. It's a needed trait.
I'm willing to bet that the non-technical people who succeeded with
Drupal didn't feel unwelcome or take it personally when someone didn't
leap to help them when they asked a question. If she doesn't get
discouraged the next time someone doesn't immediately jump in to
answer her questions, she will get further.