[documentation] New handbook section proposal: "Community Initiatives"

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Wed Jan 21 14:02:47 UTC 2009

So one of the things we were discussing and wanted feedback on, is
whether this should be its own top-level book that needs links from
various corners to get to (i.e. it is currently not easily
"discovered") or should we incorporate it into the Getting Involved
book and, if so, how/where?

On Jan 21, 2009, at 2:27 AM, Pratul Kalia wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Angela Byron <drupal-docs at webchick.net
> > wrote:
>> The idea is that major efforts in the community (Drupal core,
>> documentation, d.o redesign, etc. ) could create a series of sub-
>> pages
>> that explain to people who want to jump in where to do so. See (and
>> sub-pages) http://drupal.org/node/361846 as an example of what I
>> mean.
>
> Brilliant idea I see! But will this section be only for Drupal
> programming initiatives? Or more stuff as well?

It can be used for any community initiatives that need a space to
summarize and organize as it were. Things like the ongoing doc team
projects would fit neatly in here. They just need to create a new top-
level child page as a sibling to "Drupal core improvements".