[documentation] New handbook section proposal: "Community Initiatives"

John Noceda john at noceda.net
Wed Jan 21 14:55:47 UTC 2009

The first thing that came to my mind upon seeing the section was "We have
the 'Getting Involved' handbook for this". Didn't want to be negative on
this great initiative in the beginning so I waited on more feedback by
others. But now that Addi mentioned it, I think the "Community Initiatives"
is better as a sub-section of that handbook. IMO, that handbook should be
the place where people find ways to get involved.

Haven't inspected the idea of incorporation thoroughly yet but at first
glance, rewrite http://drupal.org/getting-involved landing page, have the
"Community Initiatives" as one of the sub-pages of that (same level as the
"give effective user support", "translating", "Talk with the community",
etc.) as well as link to it in other appropriate handbook pages.

I think it is more organized if it is not a top-level book.

John
(JohnNoc)