[documentation] New handbook section proposal: "Community Initiatives"

Addison Berry drupal at rocktreesky.com
Wed Jan 21 16:28:26 UTC 2009

On Jan 21, 2009, at 10:45 AM, Laura Scott wrote:

> It almost sounds like this should be a view rather than just books
> hierarchy, since it could include time-frame-limited things, etc.
> Maybe it is a "dashboard" of embedded views of 2 or 3 different kinds
> things? It just seems like something requiring more relational
> connections rather than hierarchical burying.

Yeah, I agree that figuring views into this would be nice and I still
think that we need to take a real look at an "ideal" long-term
solution. We also need to find a short-term solution that does *not*
involve views though. We do not have Views enabled on d.o and it will
not be until after the upgrade/redesign stuff, but Angie is in need of
some sort of overarching way to organize things *now* and this seemed
the handiest way to go. I did also raise the fact that we now have
tags and wouldn't using the taxo lists for tags be one way to go, but
Angie didn't like it because she wants to highlight only the
"important" stuff.

- Addi