[documentation] New WP manual

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Jan 22 15:01:14 UTC 2009

> Not sure how many of you are familiar with the WordPress Codex, which
> is their online wiki-style documentation. Apparently Automattic is
> getting ready to write a more controlled "manual" which will be in XML
> and stored in SVN. Interesting in light of current discussions for us
> about the new help system in core and what to do about the Getting

They don't get into more detail about which XML format they'd be using.
If we did something similar, I'd only support Docbook and Docbook Lite,
as there are plenty of existing converters for that (both to HTML, and
to files suitable for printing; the entire Apache Cookbook from O'Reilly
was written this way).

--
Morbus Iff ( morbus is an authorizer reseller of fine maebari )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/