[documentation] book anomalies in the Drupal 6 upgrade

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed Jan 28 19:57:10 UTC 2009

Dear doc team, Gerhard, Peter and Chx,

We run into problems with the book upgrade on the Drupal.org Drupal 6
upgrade. There are these node ids, which have missing entries in the
book table for some reason, so they will not end up as nodes in the
book, and they will therefore break the chain of relationships (they
are not a child of their parents, they don't have children pages).

We run into serious upgrade problems with these nodes, and needed to
apply the attached patch to work around and let the upgrade run. One
option to fix this is to wait until the upgrade is done, and manually
fix the placement of these nodes and their children (based on data
from the current DB). The other option is to find out why there is no
such data in the DB, while the current live site shows these nodes
perfectly in the book hierarchy.

The node ids are: 82661, 101736, 101735, 92375, 62470, 62462, 62462.
They emit errors for all their children.

I think it might be best to fix it in the DB before the upgrade :)

Gábor