[support] how to add links as content types or nodes?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 10 13:58:05 UTC 2007

Quoting Marc Poris <marc at funnymonkey.com>:

> ...the advice everyone else is giving about CCK/Links/etc... is good
> advice.  if you want something lightweight that works out-of-the box,
> try the userlink module
>
>   http://drupal.org/project/userlink
>
> it's been ported to 5.x, and while i think it should be a simple CCK
> extension module someday, at the present it is a standalone module.  use
> it along with Tagadelic for some good fun.  there's a 4.7 demo here:
>
>   http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink
>
> if it's what you were looking for, and you weren't able to find it by
> searching the Drupal site, please feel free to contribute some better
> wording to the module description for me.

May I suggest you also add http://drupal.org/project/pathauto to the
mix?  The pathauto module will give your URL' rememberable paths.  So
for instance your URL
http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/taxonomy/term/4 could become
http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/term/drupal or even just
http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/drupal depending on the
configuration.

On your demo site I would expect to see write up explaining how a user
might add new links including screenshots to help with the explanations.

Earnie