[support] how to add links as content types or nodes?

Bill Fitzgerald bill at funnymonkeydata.com
Sat Feb 10 16:33:54 UTC 2007

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> May I suggest you also add http://drupal.org/project/pathauto to the
> mix?  The pathauto module will give your URL' rememberable paths.  So
> for instance your URL
> http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/taxonomy/term/4 could become
> http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/term/drupal or even just
> http://demos.funnymonkey.com/userlink/drupal depending on the
> configuration.

There has been talk of scalability issues with pathaliases in general,
and pathauto, and while there has been some work to address this, it's
still a work in progress: http://drupal.org/node/63635 and
http://drupal.org/node/70806
> On your demo site I would expect to see write up explaining how a user
> might add new links including screenshots to help with the explanations.

If you would like to write these up, we'll gladly include them, and
credit you as the author -- it's something we'd like to to, but until we
sort out the bugs with the "add more hours to the day" module, it's
probably not going to happen in the near future.

Cheers,

Bill