[support] simulating folders with indexing

Fabio Varesano fabio.varesano at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:42:26 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

I would like to create a site which contains a list of products.
I need to put each product into only one category.

I would like to simulate the presence of folders with indexing.

Let me show you an example:
I need to insert a node called 'Pizza with Cheese'.
A category tree is available like this:
food > italian food > pizzas

When I choose the Pizzas category during the node creation I would
like to automatically create the url for the node like:
http://example.com/food/italian_food/pizzas/pizza_with_chees

Moreover I would like that on the 'Pizza with Cheese' page a
breadcrumb shows something like 'Food > italian food > pizzas'.

I also would like that each of the urls:
http://example.com/food/
http://example.com/food/italian_food/
http://example.com/food/italian_food/pizzas/
could display list of nodes inserted into them.

I know there are different modules with similar functions (pathauto,
taxonomy_breadcrumbs) however I was not able to configure them to what
I explained above.

Could someone guide me into deploy something similar to what I described?

This should be an often requested deployment for SEO.

Thanks,

Fabio Varesano