[support] immediate installation errors

John Thomas drupal.org-2007 at jt-socal.com
Fri Jun 1 21:49:20 UTC 2007

 > My company used to use CentOS on our servers, but dropped it a while
 > back specifically because its SELinux implementation was broken and
 > kept causing all sorts of trouble for apache.

If I may:
   1) CentOS is a clone of Red Hat, so if there is a problem, you are
blaming the wrong folks.
   2) There is an active volunteer army of support people on the mailing
list who can provide details and help if need be.  I am new to Drupal,
but the support and cost ($0) seem similar, and both seem to be great
products that work great together.
   3) SELinux is to me a complicated security system.  It can be turned
off, Google for (turn off selinux centos) or set to warn only.

 > If you're having trouble with other PHP apps, too, then I would
 > definitely put the blame on SELinux/CentOS at this point.  SELinux is
 > hard to get right unless you really know what you're doing.  IME,
 > CentOS does not. :-)

I have found CentOS to be extraordinarily great software that is well
supported and stable as a rock.

--
Sincerely,
John Thomas