[support] implementing a 3dr party search script

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Mon Jun 4 13:20:29 UTC 2007

We have managed to successfully integrate mediawiki and drupal and are now faced with the whole issue of unified search.

Firstly, I suppose I should ask if it's possible to get Drupal's core search module to search other MySQL tables in other databases, which would allow us to point it towards our mediawiki installation.

Failing that, how would one go about working with a third party script? I've already used Fluid Dynamics' perl-based script on another (non-Drupal) site but I imagine I would need a better PHP based script for this task.

Has anyone done anything similar before?

Neil