[support] does having a different front page require front pagemodule?

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:04:17 UTC 2007

On 6/4/07, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:32:06 -0400, "Jean Gazis" <jgazis at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can I do it this way even if I want a different header and no node title? I
> > haven't installed views module. Can I put any url (html file) for the
> > front
> > page or does it have to be a node?
>
> You can set the front page to be any Drupal path.  It could be a node, but it doesn't have to be.  It does have to be a valid Drupal path, not an arbitrary URL.
>
> --Larry Garfield

It may well be possible to do what you want without the front_page
module, but I would like to point out that the front_page module makes
it very easy to do such things.  One can create a splash screen as the
home page, and it can be different for authenticated (logged in) users
versus anonymous users.  It provides a lot of flexibility and
capability, and is relatively easy to use.