[support] does having a different front page require front page module?

Eric Mckenna eric.mckenna at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:55:21 UTC 2007

I'm not sure what the front page module does, but I've never needed
anything special except views for my front page.  I usually only use the
basic title/body content type and then enable/disable the different
blocks that I want displayed.

To turn off blocks on front page, go to the blocks admin page, scroll
down to the "Page specific visibility settings" section, choose the
"Show on every page except the list pages" radio button and enter
"<front>" in the Pages textarea.  That tells the block not to display on
the front page.

Hope that helps
Eric.