[support] does having a different front page require front page module?

Stefan Borchert stefan at borchert.cc
Mon Jun 4 15:14:51 UTC 2007

Jean Gazis schrieb:
> My customer wants a static home landing page - do I have to install the
> front page module, or can I just turn off the menu block visibility etc.
> for the home page (leaving a link to main site, of course!), and do it
> through the existing site setup?

A small addition to Eric's post: no, frontpage.module isn't required.
If you go to admin/settings/site-information and scroll to the bottom
you'll see "Default front page". Enter the url of the node (page) you
would like to have as frontpage and enable/disable the blocks you
like/dislike the way Eric described.
Now you've got you special front page.

hth,

 Stefan