[support] does having a different front page require front page module?

Jean Gazis jgazis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:32:06 UTC 2007

Can I do it this way even if I want a different header and no node title? I
haven't installed views module. Can I put any url (html file) for the front
page or does it have to be a node?

On 6/4/07, Stefan Borchert <stefan at borchert.cc> wrote:

> Jean Gazis schrieb:
> > My customer wants a static home landing page - do I have to install the
> > front page module, or can I just turn off the menu block visibility etc.
> > for the home page (leaving a link to main site, of course!), and do it
> > through the existing site setup?
> >

> A small addition to Eric's post: no, frontpage.module isn't required.
> If you go to admin/settings/site-information and scroll to the bottom
> you'll see "Default front page". Enter the url of the node (page) you
> would like to have as frontpage and enable/disable the blocks you
> like/dislike the way Eric described.
> Now you've got you special front page.
>
> hth,
>
> Stefan

Jean Gazis
www.jeangazis.com
www.boxofrain.us

"Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it." - André
Gide