[support] Bits of dynamic drupal integrated with static site

Jason Flatt drupal at oadaeh.net
Mon Jun 11 11:27:00 UTC 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 00:38:07 Hans Henderson wrote:

> Would this same "multi-site" capability be possible with subdirectories
> rather than subdomains?
>
> e.g. Could  example.com/contact    example.com/forums   example.com/news
>
> be treated as separate sites by Drupal?

I don't know if the rest of your ideas are on base or not, but Drupal already
supports using multi-sites with subdirectories w/o your having to muck around
in .htaccess.  The one caveat is that you cannot use Drupal "key words".  For
example, use "contactus" instead of "contact", and "forums" instead
of "forum". The details can be found at http://drupal.org/node/260 under the
MULTISITE CONFIGURATION heading.

--
Jason Flatt