[support] Bits of dynamic drupal integrated with static site

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Mon Jun 11 14:19:32 UTC 2007

Honestly, I think you're over-engineering things. :-)  If you're concerned
about the performance of dynamic pages, switch on page caching.  That can
make a hundred fold difference in performance.  If you don't want stats info,
you can use aggressive caching which gets even more speed.  For still-more
performance, use the fscache module (I think that's what it's called), which
caches to the disk and doesn't even have to hit a database.  Your few dynamic
pages, like forms, then "just work" like the rest of the site.

You'll get almost as good performance as explicitly static pages with far far
far more flexibility and less of a maintenance nightmare.  It's also a better
skill to learn for maintaining Drupal sites. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson