[support] Staging question

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Wed Jun 13 18:44:21 UTC 2007

Thanks for many helps from this list, I am getting close to deploy a
Drupal site.  Since I can't stage on my local machine (ISP uses MySQL
v4, which I can't find download for OSX, and I already burnt once by
uploading v5 file from my local machine), I need to create a staging
site on my server.  I created a duplicated DB, renamed 'stage'.

The question is the next step.  Do I have to duplicate everything to
stage.<sitename>.com directory?  I really do not wish to do this since,
not only audio/video files are big, synching the two might be a nightmare.

I googled around.  I see a few posts asking for how to do a staging
site, but no hit on any answer to this question.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>