[support] Permission question

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Wed Jun 13 18:56:34 UTC 2007

During my first Drupal site build process, I received quite a few error
messages, and I made a lot of stuff to 777.  'files' directory is one.
'modules' directory is another.  You might remember I had 99/99 problem
that won't let me chown, and file upload silently fail.

Now before I go live, I want to make sure all the permissions are set
correctly.  Other than settings.php permission setting, I can't find any
mention of what others are supposed to be.  Is there any list or general
guide about this somewhere?  I experienced a lot of stuff just don't
work if 775, which is kinda puzzling.

I think my most concern right now is 'modules' directory, which I think
I messed up the permission.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>