[support] Help changing file locations

Vasileios Lourdas lourdas_v at yahoo.gr
Wed Jun 20 07:23:00 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 10:13:49 Davood Dehnavifar wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a way to change my urls to be more
> descriptive... for instance.
>
> I would like to create a page about sports and my favorite teams.
> Instead of having the url to that page be /node/1
> I want it to be /sports/
>
> how do i go about doing this?

Hi,

You should take a look at the pathauto module, that almost does what you need.
Another solution is to create a URL alias during the node creation (or after
that), having the path module enabled. So, instead of /node/1 you will
have /sports.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)