[support] Switching anonymous access to the whole site on and off

jp.stacey at torchbox.com jp.stacey at torchbox.com
Wed Jun 20 14:33:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

What would be the quickest way to switch anonymous access to a site on and
off? We have a large and fairly complex site almost ready to go, but we
need third parties (with logins) to fill in and test content before it
goes live.

As we've a lot of modules we've got quite complex permissions already, so
checking and unchecking a lot of fields would be difficult to do quickly.
Is there any "master switch" permission we can fix to lock it all down?

Otherwise, would it be worth putting a check for $user->uid in our
template.php, and bouncing anyone to user/login if they don't have it
set? Anyone see any problems with that?

Many thanks,
J-P