[support] Using same view as page and in panel

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 4 20:26:32 UTC 2008

I have CCK type called Announcement, and I have assigned a taxonomy
category with three terms to it.  I then created a view that displays
the Announcements and pass it an argument of Term ID so I only display
items in a certain category.  This works great for the page.  I would
also like to display certain Announcements of one term in a front page
panel pane, so I added a checkbox CCK field to indicate that the
particular announcement should be displayed in the panel.  What I would
like to do is use the same view so that when it is the page, it doesn't
care about the checkbox, but when it's in the panel, it does, and only
displays those items with the checkbox checked.  I"m guessing I need to
do something along the lines of an optional argument in the view for the
checkbox, and then somehow pass the argument for the checkbox in the panel.

Can I do this, or do I need to create a separate view to use in the panel?

Thanks.

Steve