[support] Drupal permissions

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Aug 15 00:10:43 UTC 2008

I tried clearing the cache.

The test site is in the same domain. Do you think the problem might get
fixed with a sub-domain? So if the main site is at:

http://example.com/Foo

and I put the test site in:

http://test.example.com/

Do you think that would resolve any cookie collision issue?

It's 2AM here, I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.

Laura Scott wrote:
> Might try first clearing the cache. Also, if this is living on the
> same domain somehow, you might have cookie collision issues.
>
> Laura
> http://pingv.com
>
> On Aug 14, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Victor Kane wrote:
>
>> This sounds like a good case of "everybody out of the car, everybody
>> into the car, let's see if it starts".
>>
>> You say you "copied all the tables"...
>>
>> How did you dump the database in the source site?
>> How exactly did you load the target database?
>>
>> I would recommend doing a complete dump either on the command line
>> with mysqldump utility, or else with phpmyadmin, but of all the tables
>> together. And upload everything together, or else load with mysql
>> command line utility.
>>
>> Drop all tables in the source database before loading it with the
>> data.
>>
>> Victor Kane
>> http://awebfactory.com.ar
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Daniel Carrera <daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
>>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I tried to make a copy of my Drupal site for testing, but I can't get
>>> the test site to work. This is what I've done:
>>>
>>> 1) I made a copy of the database (let's call it test_db).
>>> 2) I made a copy of the Drupal directory and changed settings.php to
>>> point to test_db.
>>>
>>> I can navigate to the new Drupal site, but all the nodes give me
>>> "access
>>> denied". I can login, I can create new pages, and the new pages I