[support] Upgrading Modules

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Wed Aug 20 12:51:38 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thanks to all who helped me move my Drupal 4.7 site to 5.9. Now that the
base site is upgraded (this is a test site btw) I need to think about
modules:

1) I had taxonomy_access in the old site. How do I upgrade a module? I
have the new taxonomy_access (the one for 5.9) uploaded but I haven't
activated it in case that is the wrong thing to do.

2) How do I get rid of old modules that I don't want to use anymore?
Like the eCommerce module. Can I just drop all ec_* tables? Ditto for
eJournal and OrganicGroups. These are all modules which I *thought*
would help me but didn't and I don't want to keep them.

Lastly, do you think it's alright if I stay with Drupal 5.9 until next
year? The taxonomy_access module is not stable for Drupal 6, so I'm not
sure if I should upgrade or not.

Thanks.