[support] Upgrading Modules

Vasileios Lourdas drupal at lourdas.name
Wed Aug 20 12:57:31 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008 15:51:38 Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to all who helped me move my Drupal 4.7 site to 5.9. Now that the
> base site is upgraded (this is a test site btw) I need to think about
> modules:

Actually, 5.10 was released a few days ago.

> 2) How do I get rid of old modules that I don't want to use anymore?
> Like the eCommerce module. Can I just drop all ec_* tables? Ditto for
> eJournal and OrganicGroups. These are all modules which I *thought*
> would help me but didn't and I don't want to keep them.

The module's uninstall hook should (theoretically) take care of that. You
could also do it manually though, by peeking inside the module's .install
file and seeing which tables it creates when you first enable it. Then, just
issue a drop table command.

> Lastly, do you think it's alright if I stay with Drupal 5.9 until next
> year? The taxonomy_access module is not stable for Drupal 6, so I'm not
> sure if I should upgrade or not.
>
> Thanks.

That's the right thing to do. Just update to 5.10.
--
# Vasileios Lourdas,
# Informatics Engineer, Thessaloniki (Greece)