[support] Forum Modules?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Aug 21 14:12:39 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am looking for an alternate forum module. I was planning to use UIE
Forum but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

What's wrong with the default forums? Well, the default forum uses the
comment module to create threads. But I don't want to allow all users to
post comments on all pages. I have two user roles: X and Y. I want X and
Y both to post to the forum but only X can post comments on blogs.

Therefore, I'm looking for a forum module that doesn't use the comments
module to do its thing.

Any suggestions? I can't find anything on the Modules page:

1) UIE Forum is not available.
2) Flexiforum and Nodeforum are unstable with no work on a Drupal 6 version.
3) Several modules integrate Drupal forums with some other forum
program, but that's not what I'm looking for (I don't think).

I don't know whether OG Forum uses comments or not.

Daniel.