[support] Forum Modules?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Aug 21 16:17:43 UTC 2008

Lluís wrote:
> maybe using taxonomy_access you can allow certain roles to write
> comments just on forums.

I can't find any way to do that. I just took another look in case I'm
missing something, but it looks to me that taxonomy_access only lets me
control whether people can post forum *topics*. So you can start a new
topic, but you can't reply to it.

I am not sure that taxonomy access can do anything at all with comments.
You know when you create a new vocabulary (category), you have to enter
what type of pages the vocabulary applies to. The options are: Forum
topic, Blog entry, Page, Story. That's it. There is no option that says
"comment", much less "comment inside a forum".

:-(

I don't understand why blog comments have to be attached to forum
replies. It seems like such strange and inconvenient choice. There has
to be a way to have different permissions for blog comments and for
forum replies.

Daniel.