[support] Forum Modules?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Thu Aug 21 18:03:08 UTC 2008

Brian Choc wrote:
> The Forum Access module might be more helpful, but perhaps the opposite
> effect.
> http://drupal.org/project/forum_access

Yeah. Opposite effect. :(

> If you really want the UIE Forum module, it appears to still be available
> for download here:
> http://drupalmodules.com/module/uie-forum
> (But it was likely pulled for a reason, so proceed with caution.)

I wish I knew why it was pulled out. I went to IRC but the bot says that
"zoro" hasn't been around for 10 weeks, so I don't have much hope that
I'll see him in the next couple of days. Is there an email address at
which I might reach him?

> There are also a number of forum integration modules including phpBB, SMF,
> FUD, and others so you can probably find something that suits your needs.

I assumed that those simply converted the 3rd party forum into a Drupal
forum, but taking a closer look, I'm not sure that that's what they do.
I'll experiment with them. Thanks.

Daniel.