[support] simplenews - Bouncing emails, Background colour & other issues

geniekids ratadi2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 06:37:24 UTC 2008

Description

I tried my first email newsletter with simplenews.

1. How does simple news handle bounced emails. I am mailing to 7000+ emails.
Surely many emails will get bounced. But i did not get any email in the
sender email box. Is there a way to check that and get the list of bouncing
emails ids. (to clean up the list)

2. I have set Cron throttle to 100 and set Initial send time: 2seconds
(default value)). Cron using poormanscron is set to run every 10 minutes. Ae
these appropriate settings?

3. Also while composing i had not put any background colour and formatted
the html email in TINYMCE. During delivery - only to yahoo email ids - it is
adding a ugly background colour which is making it almost impossible to read
the email. This is not happening in gmail or hotmail! What could be causing
this?

4. Also fundamentally is simple news the "right choice" for emailing
something to a large number like 7000+ emails. Should i be looking at some
other module or any other mailing package - any recommendations - is mailman
a better choice. Though i love the integration of simple news into the
drupal website and ease of subscribing offered to the visitors.

thanks in advance