[support] Question about iFrames

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Sat Aug 23 11:59:16 UTC 2008

Hello,

This is an HTML question. I installed the Moodle integration module. It
puts Moodle inside an <iframe> in a Drupal page. So far so good. The
problem is when you click on a link inside Moodle (iframe). I always
thought that clicking on a link inside an iframe would only change the
contents of the iframe. But this is not what always happens. Some times
the entire browser page refreshes, taking you out of Drupal, to Moodle,
and breaking the illusion that Moodle is inside Drupal.

What is especially disconcerting is that this happens on some pages but
not others. So it creates a weird kind of unpredictability that I'm sure
will annoy users.

I cannot see any obvious reason why there is a difference. The links
that produce different results don't look all that different. They are
all on the same domain, of the form http://foo.org/moodle/<something>.

Does anyone know what can cause this behaviour? I need to understand the
root cause at the HTML level before I can figure out if there is
something I can change at either Moodle or Drupal to correct the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Daniel.