[support] Node url path settings, automatic aliases, and pathauto

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Sun Aug 24 00:38:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:

> Perhaps the behavior you desire can be controlled by the "Update
> action" settings in the Pathauto settings. Under 5.x this is at
> admin/settings/pathauto under Pathauto 6.x this is at
> admin/build/path/pathauto

Currently set to "Create a new alias. Leave the existing alias
functioning.".  Perhaps I should revise to "do nothing", as this should
not effect new alias creation for nodes which didn't previously have one,
I should think.

 > Another feature that people want is for Pathauto to "remember" the
> state of the checkbox if you have unchecked it once.  I spent a bit of
> time on that but was unable to see it to completion.  Freso (the
> Pathauto co-maintainer) has offered to start to work on that problem

Yes, that would be ideal.  I don't really want to disable pathauto as
someone suggested, because it is useful for other things.  It just happens
that this particular series of nodes is effected adversely by it.

Thanks

Luke