[support] schema API -- why isn't my table being created?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 24 20:10:13 UTC 2008

Quoting Roy Smith <roy at panix.com>:

> More on this...
>
> I wrote a regatta_update_1() function and put it in my regatta.install
> file.  I then disabled and re-enabled the regatta module.  This had no
> effect.
>
> I then decided to upgrade to core 6.4.  Lo and behold, after I was
> done with the 6.4 upgrade, my boat table was there!  Obviously, there
> is some event which triggers running the table creation which I
> haven't figured out yet.

If you had your module activated without a table and then added the
table later, could be a reason.  You need to Uninstall to remove the
module from the system table so that it will do a fresh install.  The
upgrade caught your regatta_update_1 and then installed the table when
you ran the update.php file.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/