[support] schema API -- why isn't my table being created?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Aug 24 21:14:11 UTC 2008

On Aug 24, 2008, at 4:10 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Quoting Roy Smith <roy at panix.com>:
>
>> More on this...
>>
>> I wrote a regatta_update_1() function and put it in my
>> regatta.install
>> file.  I then disabled and re-enabled the regatta module.  This had
>> no
>> effect.
>>
>> I then decided to upgrade to core 6.4.  Lo and behold, after I was
>> done with the 6.4 upgrade, my boat table was there!  Obviously, there
>> is some event which triggers running the table creation which I
>> haven't figured out yet.
>>

> If you had your module activated without a table and then added the
> table later, could be a reason.

Yes, I think that's probably what I did.

What exactly do I need to do to uninstall a module?  I assume you
start by removing the entire /sites/all/modules/regatta directory, but
then what?  Is visiting any page in the site enough to make drupal
notice that it's gone, or is there something more explicit that needs
to be done?

> You need to Uninstall to remove the
> module from the system table so that it will do a fresh install.  The
> upgrade caught your regatta_update_1 and then installed the table when
> you ran the update.php file.
>
> Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
> -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/

Roy Smith