[support] Topic revisited: unselecting modules and losing data.

Neil: esl-lounge.com neil at esl-lounge.com
Sun Aug 31 19:04:10 UTC 2008

I remember we discussed this on the mailing list a few months back and I just had a clear example of it, thankfully on a test site.

I de-selected the Audio module (remember, as we are advised to do when doing a major drupal version upgrade) and I saw the message:

"The content fields table content_type_audio has been deleted."

so this seems proof positive that following the official advise to deselect modules can harm your site and lose you data.

Neil