[support] Best way to deploy Drupal.

Unai Rodriguez me at u-journal.org
Mon Jul 13 08:53:53 UTC 2009

Dear All,

We are building a somewhat complex site based on Drupal which features
redundant servers at all levels of the system. We are starting of with 12
machines. We currently have three environments: development, staging and
production.

We are having a hard time setting an automated deployment mechanism.

I have searched on the archives but was able to find this thread only:
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/support/2007-May/004711.html

I have not been able to understand from that how other people out there are
implementing automated deployment.

I found a number of links outside drupal.org:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/377629/drupal-deployment-testing-dont-how-to-call-it-tool
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/282858/drupal-source-control-strategy
http://nicksergeant.com/blog/drupal/painless-drupal-revision-control-cvs-and-subversion-shared-host
http://nicksergeant.com/blog/drupal/my-thoughts-small-scale-drupal-development-production-environments-cvs-and-subversion
http://www.workhabit.com/labs/autopilot
http://www.dave-cohen.com/node/1066
http://www.garfieldtech.com/blog/drupal-dev-server

I have been working with Drupal's DEPLOY Module
(http://drupal.org/project/deploy). Also I am trying to contact Workhabit
(i.e. Autopilot guys).

I have not found yet a solid approach to automate deployment. Would anyone
through me some pointers on how to do it? How are you guys doing this?

Thank you so much,
unai