[support] Views - group by a field(s) in View header?

Emma Badger emma.badger at chocolateteapot.net
Wed Jul 15 17:01:58 UTC 2009

This is what I'm trying to display on a page:

Taxonomy Term Title
Taxonomy Term Description

Content Title (1) contained in corresponding Taxonomy Term (linking to
content page)
Content Title (2) contained in corresponding Taxonomy Term (linking to
content page)
Content Title (3) contained in corresponding Taxonomy Term (linking to
content page)
Content Title (4) contained in corresponding Taxonomy Term (linking to
content page)
Content Title (5) contained in corresponding Taxonomy Term (linking to
content page)
etc

Using Views and cloning the taxonomy_term default view and tweaking
I've managed to group the content for each Taxonomy Term therefore
(sort of) creating this bit

Content Title (1) contained in Taxonomy Term (linking to content page)
Content Title (2) contained in Taxonomy Term (linking to content page)
Content Title (3) contained in Taxonomy Term (linking to content page)
Content Title (4) contained in Taxonomy Term (linking to content page)
Content Title (5) contained in Taxonomy Term (linking to content page)

This is an example

http://jane-hr.co.uk/drupal/category/system-setup/housekeeping

I don't want the Taxonomy in Content table as this would duplicate the
Term Title and more importantly the Term Description which would look
silly.

Is there a way of displaying the content of fields in a textarea?  I
ask this as then I could use the View header field to display

Taxonomy Term Title
Taxonomy Term Description

Can anyone suggest an alternative way of constructing this page?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.