[support] 4 different sites with 1 shared search

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 17 16:47:34 UTC 2009

Quoting Bill Fitzgerald <bill at funnymonkey.com>:

> Earnie -- this is the support list. It's okay to ask questions here.
> This question is not a RTFM-type question, especially for someone
> who is new-ish to Drupal, and sending someone to "Let Me Google That
> For You" is a pretty poor response. If the OP had copped an
> attitude, that would be a different story, but I didn't get that
> sense.
>
> Next time, how about pouring yourself another cup of coffee and
> forgoing a response that can be construed as less than helpful?

Even on a support list one should be willing to research a little
before asking.  It was after all the very first link returned by
Google.  I'm a member of many support lists and this one is one goes
more than above board with kindness regardless of the questions asked.
  But even that doesn't mean we shouldn't guide users to help
themselves.

http://www.eifl.net/cps/sections/services/eifl-foss/briefings/tips-for-engaging-with

Earnie
-- http://r-feed.com/           -- http://for-my-kids.com/