[support] email archives as drupal nodes

philip at philipnet.com philip at philipnet.com
Sat Jul 18 10:50:51 UTC 2009

Quoting Geoff O'Callaghan <geoffocallaghan at gmail.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> New to drupal.  I'm using 6.x and I would like to be able to add email
> archives into my drupal site and have them accessible for
> viewing/searching according to rules set by content_access.   The email
> archives will need to have new emails added to them as well as a large
> backlog to be imported.
>
> What is the easiest way to achieve this ??
>
> I've done quite a lot of googling on the subject but I can't find the
> right sequence of keywords to give me a decent hit :-)

mailhandler and listhandler spring to mind as suitable modules.
I would use forums to place the archived email and then limit access
to the forums as required.

This setup is ideal if you want to archive messages from the
implementation date onwards. To archive previous messages you would
have to find a way to re-send them to the special mailbox you create
as part of setting up Mailhandler/Listhandler.

How to setup Mailhandler/Listhandler like this, see the documentation
at http://drupal.org/node/40777 . Please also check the README in the
Listhandler module.

Other mail related modules can be found at the link:
http://drupal.org/project/modules?filters=tid:66&solrsort=sort_title%20asc

Regards.

Phil L.