[support] Newbie Qs

Timothy Washington timothyjwashington at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 21 13:58:52 UTC 2009

Hey there, I just have a few beginner questions.

1) I tried adding a text field and text area to one of our Content types - an "Article". But I am not seeing any new content / text after I add some to one of the articles. What do I have to do to see those text changes in my page? Is there some kind of caching issue here?

2) I've made some changes to a template php file (and associated CSS). But those changes aren't being reflected in the pages served. Is there a caching issue here? Or does some file(s) need to be re-indexed?

3) With Drupal's content editor is there a way to do like here: http://digitalrhino.projectpath.com/projects/2836732/thumbnails/27705922

	* make an image to span 2 fields
	* have text split into 2 columns
4) How do you manage the homepage that Drupal uses? I had a user delete the homepage and now I need to recreate it. But this doesn't seem to be a straightforward process.

Thanks for any help
Tim