[support] Newbie Qs

Steve Power steev at initsix.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 14:18:13 UTC 2009

> 1) I tried adding a text field and text area to one of our Content types -
> an "Article". But I am not seeing any new content / text after I add some to
> one of the articles. What do I have to do to see those text changes in my
> page? Is there some kind of caching issue here?

Check out permissions in user settings, you have to allow users to see cck
fields.

> 2) I've made some changes to a template php file (and associated CSS). But
> those changes aren't being reflected in the pages served. Is there a caching
> issue here? Or does some file(s) need to be re-indexed?

go to performance in the site configuration menu and clear the cache.  Also
install the theme developer module to ensure your tpls are gtting picked up
OK

> 3) With Drupal's content editor is there a way to do like here:
> http://digitalrhino.projectpath.com/projects/2836732/thumbnails/27705922
>
>    - make an image to span 2 fields
>    - have text split into 2 columns
>
>  You probably want fckeditor or www.drupal.org/project/wysiwyg

> 4) How do you manage the homepage that Drupal uses? I had a user delete the
> homepage and now I need to recreate it. But this doesn't seem to be a
> straightforward process.

/node should be a normal 'river of content' view. I would worry more about
users being able to change the homepage atm than recreating it.

> Thanks for any help
> Tim

> Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the
> boot with the *All-new Yahoo! Mail *<http://ca.promos.yahoo.com/newmail/overview2/>

Steve Power
Principal Consultant
Mobile: +44 (0) 7747 027 243