[support] Newbie Qs

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Tue Jul 21 14:42:02 UTC 2009

Tim, Steve, and all,

To add a bit of nuance to Steve's answer. It's possible he's right on with
the cck field permissions issue. Note though, that if the sub-module in cck
called "Content Permissions" (see in the module listing page in the cck
ssction at admin/build/modules/list) is turned off (unchecked) then this
will not be the issue. If this is indeed the problem, that you have "Content
Permissions" turned on, rather then set all those permissions, I would turn
the module off, if you don't need it. It really complexifies the the
permissions page, and you can always add it back later if you don't need it.
That module used to be called "field permissions" which I think is a better
name. With that module turned off you can still restrict access on a node by
node basis (with content_access or another module) or build in with Drupal
you have role-based access. The "Content Permissions" module is required
when you want to restrict certain fields within a content type to specific
user roles. It's a great feature; I'm just saying if you don't need it,
don't use it (that's true for a lot of things in Drupal).

Best,

Shai